|Digital Darkroom Work Flow|
Since I shoot all RAW, my workflow starts with Nikon Capture NX2. Then I move to Photoshop CS3 using Nik Color EFix Pro 3.0 plug in filters.
1. Copy all images to appropriate hard drive folder.
2. Copy all images to back-up storage.
3. Open Nikon Capture NX2:
4. Open all NEF images in Browser
5. Delete all out of focus or poorly exposed images.
6. Open selected images I want to post or print.
7. Adjust EV (Exposure Value) if required
8. Adjust White Balance if required
9. Send to Photoshop as TIFF - Never save changes to your NEF originals!!!
10. In Photoshop, clone out any sensor dust spots.
a. Adjust brush size
b. Set opacity to 35%
c. Set area close to dust spot to clone from.
d. Use sweeping motions to clone out dust spot(s).
12. Run Nik Graduated Neutral Density filter to adjust light/dark areas.
13. Merge Layers.
14. Run High Pass Filter to sharpen if required.
15. Change mode to 8 bit, size image to 72 dpi and save.
When closing Nikon Capture NX2 - Never save changes to your NEF originals!!!
This way, I keep the RAW image just how it came out of the camera.
|Home Site Map|
|Everything seen on this site © 1998-2011 CameraView.net, all rights reserved worldwide. No form of reproduction, including copying, printing, saving of digital image files, or the alteration or manipulation of said image files is permitted. Any unauthorized use of these images will be prosecuted to the full extent of federal copyright laws.|